The world of Grand Theft Auto features tons of excitement for its fans, from thrilling heists to high-speed chases and everything in between. However, players can always do with some more cash in-game, and many fans are eager to find out exactly how to rob a bank in GTA V as a result.
Players can rob certain banks during specific missions or Heists in GTA V and GTA Online, all of which have varying difficulty levels and cash rewards. Players cannot rob ATM machines in GTA V, but they can rob the pedestrians who use ATMS in-game.
While successfully robbing a bank in GTA V can feel daunting, it can be simple with the right approaches and steps beforehand. Stick around to find out everything there is to know about robbing banks in GTA V, topped off with their locations and tips for getting through the process smoothly.
Can You Rob Banks in GTA V?
Players can get extra money by various means in GTA V, such as by completing missions and heists or by robbing convenience stores. However, for the most part, such methods do not always get players as much cash as they’d like.
Fortunately, players can rob some of the banks in GTA V for way more money overall. Depending on the bank in question, GTA V players can get their hands on anywhere between $30,000 and $5,000,000 or even more – it all involves some strategic thinking.
That being said, players will need to make sure that they have a few boxes checked before they’ll be able to rob a bank in GTA V, as seen below.
- Players must own a property in the “luxury apartment” category, as these will have a Heist Planning room.
- Players must have reached a reputation level of at least 12.
- Players must have enough money to pay for preparation costs.
Once players meet the requirements, they will have to wait for a call from Lester in order to participate in heists that involve robbing banks. From this point, there is a selection of heists that players can partake in, all of which give varying rewards.
Which Banks Can You Rob in GTA V?
Although there are many banks located throughout the world of GTA V, players cannot walk up to banks and rob any of them. For this reason, it’s important to make sure you know which trades to make before killing any of the crew – some missions may become inaccessible after certain individuals are killed.
Players can rob banks in GTA V in certain missions or heists, namely:
|GTA V Heist
|The Fleeca Job
|Steal bonds from the safety deposit box.
|The Paleto Score
|Steal military hardware, then steal $8,016,020. Money might be lost during the chase and shootout with the police and military – the maximum payout is $1,763,524.
|The Pacific Standard Job
|Steal from the main branch of the Pacific Standard Bank.
|The Big Score
|Steal hundreds of millions of dollars worth of gold bullion from the Union Depository. This is the biggest Heist with the largest payout, but it’s the most complicated and requires some intense strategy.
The banks play quite a large role in GTA Online’s Heist mode, as there are several locations that players can rob. The Pacific Standard Job requires players to rob The Pacific Standard Bank, located at the intersection of Alta Street and Vinewood Boulevard in Downtown Vinewood, Los Santos, while the Fleeca Job involves a specific branch – but there are also other Fleeca Banks seen below.
- Legion Square, on Vespucci Boulevard.
- Boulevard Del Perro, in Morningwood.
- Hawick Avenue and Metero Street, in Alta.
- Along Hawick Avenue, in Burton.
- South Rockford Drive, on Palomino Avenue.
- The Great Ocean Highway, in Banham Canyon.
- Blaine County, Route 68 in Harmony.
Players will need to spend some time scoping out each location before going ahead with robberies. It’s important to find the best getaway routes while making notes of flanking positions and incoming gridlock lanes, as this will provide players with a strategic advantage during bank robberies.
How to Rob Banks in GTA V
Each of the heists that involve robbing a bank in GTA V will have varying characteristics and requirements for players to successfully rob the bank. The steps and basics (Setup Missions) for the most challenging heists have been detailed below.
The Fleeca Job
The Fleeca Job targets Fleeca Bank’s Great Ocean Highway branch, starting off when Lester calls to meet at a warehouse. Players will need to follow the steps below to successfully complete the heist.
- Scope out the bank’s security.
- Pick up equipment then head to the Heist Planning room at the apartment.
- Pick up the getaway car from a Del Perro parking lot.
- Lead the robbery on the Fleeca branch while the driver controls the crowd and the driller steals box 167 from the vault.
The Pacific Standard Job
For The Pacific Standard Job, players will need to take various approaches to ensure they have a good setup. Follow the steps below to make sure all of your bases are covered before the bank robbery.
- Grab a Post OP van and reprogram its transponder so it can disable the Pacific Standard dye packs.
- Take the transponder to Avi Schwartzman, who will calibrate the transponder to the correct frequency.
- Borrow hacking equipment from another gang. Incapacitate the guards and exchange their transponder for yours. Take it to Paige.
- Hijack a Merryweather convoy to steal their thermal charges, which you’ll use to blast through the security doors during the robbery.
- Steal getaway cars and four sports bikes, and park them near the bank.
Once you’re all set, you can head into the bank, shoot the guards, and control the crowds. Use thermal charges on the steel bar doors, open the vault, and collect as much money as you can before getting out as quickly as possible using the getaway cars and sports bikes.
The Big Score
The Big Score is the 6th and final Heist in GTA, and players can choose to take a subtle approach (which rewards $201,300,000), or an obvious approach (which rewards $201,600,000). Either approach will involve steps beforehand, as seen below.
- Steal a van equipped with spike strips.
- Complete three missions to steal three Gauntlets, which will be used as getaway cars after being modified at the Los Santos Customs.
- Steal a cutter from a warehouse.
- Steal a train using a heavy-lift Skylift helicopter.
- Park one car near the Union Depository.
Players will make the most money from this heist, with the chance to gain an individual cut of over $44,000,000 regardless of the approach. However, poor choices (such as choosing an inexperienced driver) can also cost a lot of money as well – so make sure you’re well-prepared.
Can You Rob ATMs in GTA V?
Players cannot rob the actual ATM machines that can be found throughout GTA V in the same way they can rob establishments and cash registers in stores. However, players can rob pedestrians who have just used the ATMs in GTA V – although this generally gets players anywhere between $30 and $120.
That’s everything there is to know about robbing banks in GTA V, with images and stats thanks to Fiction Horizon. Getting a load of cash from the various banks in GTA V might feel like an extremely challenging task – but it’s definitely possible with the right planning and will be worth the effort.