PlayStation Showcase 2023: Sony Announces New Gaming Titles and Their Big Event
PlayStation Showcase brings new Sony content every year, and 2023 was a greatly expected event. With new projects coming in 2023 and further down the line, PlayStation players have something to look forward to. Besides PlayStation exclusives, the show presented us with third-party and indie titles, which are really intriguing, but Insomniac’s Spider-Man 2 was the most expected part of the showcase.
Besides Sony, Bungie, Capcom, Ubisoft, and Konami had some exciting news for their fans, who are mostly satisfied with the whole show. In this article, we will list all presented projects and mention the ones that were most expected by the gaming community.
All projects announced at the PlayStation Showcase
Before we mention the best parts of the event, let’s list all projects announced last night:
- Fairgame$ (multiplayer heist game) – Haven Studios – release date: TBD
- Helldrivers 2 (multiplayer shooter) – Arrowhead Game Studios – release date: 2023
- Immortals of Aveum (single-player first-person shooter) – Electronic Arts and Ascendant Studios – release date: July 2023
- Ghostrunner 2 – (hardcore FPP slasher) – 505 Games and One More Level – release date: end of 2023
- Phantom Blade 0(third-person slasher) – S-Game – release date: TBD
- Sword of the Sea (surfing adventure game) – Giant Squid Studios – release date: TBD
- The Talos Principle 2 (first-person puzzle game) – Croteam – release date: 2023
- Neva (puzzle cinematic game) – Nomada Studios – release date: 2024
- Foamstars (multiplayer party shooter) – Square Enix – release date: TBD
- The Plucky Squire (2D/3D adventure game) – Devolver Digital – release date: TBD
- Teardown (destruction sandbox game/console version) – Tuxedo Labs – release date: 2023
- Metal Gear Solid Δ: Snake Eater (action-adventure stealth game/remaster) – Konami – release date: TBD
- Towers of Aghasba (open-world fantasy game) – Dreamlit Inc. – release date: TBD
- Final Fantasy 16 (action role-playing game) – Square Enix – release date: June 22, 2023
- Alan Wake 2 (single-player psychological survival horror) – Remedy Entertainment – release date: October 17, 2023
- Assassin’s Creed Mirage (action-adventure game) – Ubisoft – release date: October 12, 2023
- Revenant Hill (life simulator game) – The Glory Society – release date: TBD
- Dragon’s Dogma 2 (fantasy role-playing game) – Capcom – release date: TBD
- Resident Evil 4 (VR version of the game) – Capcom – release date: TBD
- Marathon (PvP extraction shooter) – Bungie – release date: TBD
- Concord (PvP multiplayer game) – Firewalk Studios – release date: 2024
- Gran Turismo (upcoming movie) – Columbia Pictures and PlayStation Productions – release date: August 11, 2023
- Project Q (play-based handheld device) – release date: end of 2023
- PlayStation earbuds (accessories) – release date: 2023
- Spider-Man 2 (action-adventure game) – Insomniac Games – release date: Fall 2023
As you can see, from AAA titles to new PlayStation accessories, have been introduced in the last night’s showcase. Each project was important in its own way, but there are a few that are worth discussing a bit further.
New Alan Wake comes back after thirteen years
Remedy Entertainment announced the sequel for their horror game from 2010, Alan Wake. This particular sequel is made from scratch for the adaptation to the new generation of consoles, and it will introduce dual narratives, which will diversify the game more.
It’s been thirteen years since the original Alan Wake, and his story will continue on October 17, 2023.
Capcom announced Resident Evil 4 VR version
If you thought that the horror adventure of Resident Evil 4 was scary, wait until the VR version of the game gets released. This remake of the successful Capcom game was extremely popular this year, and it seems that the VR edition of the game will attract more interest from the players.
The release date is not confirmed yet, but Capcom announced that the VR Mode would be free for players who own the game on their PlayStation 5 consoles as VR2-exclusive DLC.
New Assassins Creed is underway
Ubisoft introduced their new sequel to one of their most notable franchises, Assassin’s Creed Mirage.
This particular game follows a new protagonist named Basim, and the story is set before the events of ‘Assassin’s Creed Vallhala.’ The game looks really good, but the until we see the full game, we won’t know if the developers added more than one new content to the game – as the one we see in the video above.
Metal Gear Solid Δ: Snake Eater got many old-school fans excited
The remaster of the successful Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater game from 2004 is on the way and will be a PlayStation 5 exclusive. We still don’t know the concrete release date of this popular title.
However, seeing Kojima’s masterpiece being refreshed and brought back to win over new fans is what makes the old-school fans really excited – Big Boss will come back.
Long awaited Insomniac’s Spider-Man sequel made fans really excited
This particular gameplay trailer got fans really excited. After two great Spider-Man games that followed Peter Parker and Miles Morales, Spider-Man 2 will be the game where the player will play with multiple characters.
Also, Symbiote Spider-Man will be featured in the game, and frankly, I wish I had PlayStation 5 in my possession. Multiple new characters from Marvel Comics were introduced, and the new, upgraded open-world gameplay will feature the city of New York once again.
You can recognize other great titles from the list, like Final Fantasy XVI and Bungie’s Marathon. Sony even introduced their upcoming handheld console that will most likely rival Nintendo Switch, indicating more exciting things to come until the end of 2023.